Urology/Erotic bladder filling

I am a male, 45 year old. Last week I had a quarter of a can of Coca Cola injected in my bladder as part of an erotic game. The sensation was intense and it burned a little. Immediately afterward I emptied my bladder, and for a couple of days some air/gas occasionally came out of my penis at the end of a piss. It was a very erotic experience but how dangerous/harmful is it to have up to half a can of Coke injected in one's bladder?

It is certainly not recommended and is somewhat dangerous.  For example, Coke has sugar and this can cause an infection.  Coke is not sterile and injection of anything into the bladder can cause irritation, damage the protective mucus layer, lead to infection, discomfort, burning, stones and other problems.  Please do not continue doing this unhealthy procedure.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute