Urology/Fracture

Question
Hi

I had a penile fracture w eggplant appearance in mid aug.  It was ugly. I had surgery 24 hrs after injury.

2 months now,  stitches have healed, I get erections but they are not as strong as they were prior to injury.  The penis is still swollen and the penis is not as large as to used to be.  I am on mobic 7.5 twice a day for swelling.

1.  Does mobic have any impact on erections?  Seem like they are harder to get when taking.
2.  Does the penis get smaller after the surgery?  Since the penis is still swallon, does that impact length?
3.  I was circumcised prior to injury.  The doc mentioned that he circumcised me again during the surgery.  Does that make any sense? And would that effect penis size?

Thanks for help.

Answer
A penile fracture is a tear of the tissues of the erect penis during a buckling injury.  Standard treatment is surgery ASAP to repair the tear under the skin.  I am at a disadvantage as I am not the doctor who did the surgery and am not able to examine you.  Moreover, when someone asks me about how he should best be managed after the surgery done by another doctor (who did do the surgery and is able to examine the patient) I am a bit reluctant to suggest I know better than the doctor who the patient is seeing for post-operative care.  However, I can tell you that certainly there can be scarring with an injury and surgery and scars can contract.   These scars do not necessarily lead to a major shortening of the penis. In your case, you should consider that 2 months is NOT a lot of time after the surgery that you had.  It takes at least 6+ months for the penis to truly heal and recover from a major injury and surgery. Be patient!  The fact that you did not fail to have surgery (some never have surgery) is a good thing, and you may find no lingering consequences.  I do not know why you would have been circumcised if you were already circumcised.  If you have adequate skin, then you will not be tethered due to skin deficiency. Again, I am at a disadvantage as I am unable to examine you via the internet.  An advantage of the internet is that you get free information from experts, but the limitation is that you can be be advised by a doctor when that doctor can see you as a patient.  Best of luck, and I hoped that was helpful.

Urology

Joel Gelman, M.D.