Urology/intermittent gross hematuria

Question
Im male, late 20's.
I've noticed for a while that my urine stream is fairly weak compared to a year or so ago.
I also get intermittent gross hematuria (sometimes with clots) that can go away for 3 months+ and then return for a day and then go away for another 3 months....

I'm terrified of being told I have prostate cancer, as the symptoms of weak urine flow/urgency to go but not much urine coming out combined with hematuria would lead me to believe.

The first time it happened was a long time ago now.
I plan to call my GP tomorrow as it happened again a minute ago for the first time in a few months and i'm plucking up the courage.
I'm petrified of the cystoscopy.

I had my urine tested for an unrelted issue a while ago, and it was apparently 'clean' (even though this was only a day after i'd been urinating what looked like almost pure blood)
How can this be???!!

Is there anything else that could give me these symptoms that isn't so deadly/scary?!

Answer
Jason:

Prostate cancer is exceedingly rare in your age group.  It is not unusual to have bleeding one day and clear urine the next.  Most of the time, intermittent hematuria such as you describe is quite benign, but it's best to check.  Talk to or consult a urologist to review your options.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD