Urology/Renal ultrasound

Question
I am 73 years old, my renal ultrasound report says "Mildly echogenic renal parenchyma"
How serious is this, or is this more or less something that can be expected from a 73 year old man ?"

Answer
Jon:

Its a normal finding.  this is one reason why I personally object to patients getting reports of their studies without talking to a qualified professional first.  You can become very worried about nothing since medical reports are designed for physicians and unless you are a physician yourself it's impossible to tell what is normal from what is dangerous.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD