Urology/Rubber Band and Weak Errections

I am a 21 year old male with no prior issues getting an erection. About a week back I used a very tight rubber band while I was masturbating around the area just underneath my glans. Everything was okay until orgasm at which point the glans went somewhat numb and everything felt rather strange. afterward a few small dark (what look like) veins have appeared in the area and dark spots that look like bruises have also appeared. many of these bruises are at the ends of these veins. These are not painful. ever since this incident my erections have been weak. I've been able to get a full erection it just takes much longer and is more difficult. in addition when I do get these weak erections I've noticed a much larger volume of clear semen coming out then before.

Obviouisly, not a good idea to use a tight rubber band around the penis as it can cause damage.  Most likely, no permanent damage was done, but it will take time to heal.  There is no known or clear connection between the rubber band and semen production so that cannot be explained by the incident.  Contact a local urologist if the condition does not resolve over the next few weeks and no more rubber band incidents.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute