Urology/Swollen lymph channel on penis

Hi doc ..i m 28yrs old... I had a swollen bump on right side of my penis close to head of penis..while I was maturbating..i is painless and no color ..i was scared once then I put this matter on google they say its a swollen lymph gland and will disappear on its own...i followed the instructions like no sex and mastubating for two weeks but after two weeks I had sex and masturbated but didn't put pressure on that swollen bump....and I noticed tht it started disappearing but after one month it comes up in the morning and gone in daytime..then I totally quit masturbating for 45 days but inspite of that swelling is more than before in the morning and now there are kind of two veins when penis is erected but they are soft and sometimes only when but its big and harder than before...i m scared tht I'll go bigger and wont go away I don't waana loose my manhood please tell me solution ..i m afraid to go to urologist I don't want operation of my penis..please help me..

Obviously it's impossible to determine exactly what this is without a complete exam.  The fact that it comes and goes suggests it isn't anything too serious.  You'll need to consult a local urologist to find out exactly what this might be.  Such a visit doesn't obigate you to any surgery or anything else but we need to identify the nature of the problem.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute