Urology/Loosing Erection

Question
QUESTION: hi doctor,
My problem is that I am recently married. But from day one I loosed erection when I wanted to penetrate my wife. Other day I tried but during foreplay I loosed erection. I went  to a doctor and he tested for blood sugar, hypertension and blood count he said that I am fit. So he gave me vega 1oo tablets. When  using the tablets I   do not loose erection.But when do not use the tablets I loose erection. Also I feel that I cant keep erection without the pills. I smoke and used to masturbate.  

Thank you.

ANSWER: Ali:

The cause for your difficulty is unclear from the information provided.  If the erections work fine during masturbation but not with your wife, then the problem is psychological.  Check with your physician about using Viagra which seems to be working for you.

QUESTION: Doctor Leslie,
Before getting married I have been masturbating for along time. I am married about three months now. The first night I could not penetrate my wife because I ejaculated without penetrating her. Only the friction with her body made me to ejaculate. In the following day I tried again but I had fear not loose my erection which made me ejaculate before penetrating her. After that I met my  physician who tested for tested for blood sugar, hypertension and blood count he said that I am fit. He prescribed for me Vega 100 tablets which made my erection firm that I could have sex. Also I am suffering from premature ejaculation, I hardly stay for  few minutes an I am done. After that I cant have sex only after 5 hours. But my mind is telling me that I cant maintain my erection unless I use the pills. Also I have lower abdomen pain which sometimes extends to my lower-back of right hand. Doctor if it is psychological is it curable? Or my smoking habit is causing me to loose erection. My morning erections are OK. Even in the middle of the night when I wake up i see my penis erected. IF I am going to use the pills is it going to be for life time? Or this is the cause of my abusive behavior of masturbation what is happening to me..... thank you

Answer
Ali:

Your problem seems to be psychogenic erectile dysfunction which is certainly related to anxiety and nervousness.  This can be helped by Viagra which you are using.

Premature ejaculation is a condition where there is inadequate control to properly delay ejaculation.  The two main treatments for premature ejaculation include specific therapy by a certified therapist or medications such as SSRI type drugs that can delay ejaculation.  talk to your local physician for help.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD