Urology/pain in penis after removal of tumour in bladder

Question
I had a tumour removed 8 days ago. I've not found much online in terms of a typical 'recovery'.

I still have a fair amount of pain in my penis. It is impossible to get an erection due to the extreme pain. Similar pain if I 'lift' my penis up. Also a very dull pain in general.

I am assuming that it is from either the thick rigid cystoscopy used , or maybe when the large catheter was taken out of me (where blood flew out of my penis as it was taken out)
I'm also on antibiotics in case it's from infection, but i don't think it is

Is this pain typical at just over a week? I worried about nerve damage too. Or am I expecting my body to heal too fast?
Just that most write ups i've read don't mention pain in the penis other than the stinging when urinating (I have that too!)

Answer
Sean:

Pain such as you describe is not typical but it is not that unusual.  There is likely to be more discomfort in a younger man since the ligaments and structures are tighter than in older men.  Antibiotics suggest that it's not from an infection.  Permanent nerve related pain would be exceedingly unusual.  If the problem continues, talk to your urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD