Urology/pain in penis after removal of tumour in bladder

I had a tumour removed 8 days ago. I've not found much online in terms of a typical 'recovery'.

I still have a fair amount of pain in my penis. It is impossible to get an erection due to the extreme pain. Similar pain if I 'lift' my penis up. Also a very dull pain in general.

I am assuming that it is from either the thick rigid cystoscopy used , or maybe when the large catheter was taken out of me (where blood flew out of my penis as it was taken out)
I'm also on antibiotics in case it's from infection, but i don't think it is

Is this pain typical at just over a week? I worried about nerve damage too. Or am I expecting my body to heal too fast?
Just that most write ups i've read don't mention pain in the penis other than the stinging when urinating (I have that too!)

Pain such as you describe is not typical but it is not that unusual.  There is likely to be more discomfort in a younger man since the ligaments and structures are tighter than in older men.  Antibiotics suggest that it's not from an infection.  Permanent nerve related pain would be exceedingly unusual.  If the problem continues, talk to your urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute