Urology/Post fracture

Question
I had a severe penile fracture with eggplant deformity almost 3 months ago.  I underwent surgery to repair 24 hrs after injury that involved degloving and sewing up the tear.  No urethral injury.  3 months later I have these observations:

- an erection is much harder to achieve
- erection is weaker and not strong enough for intercourse
- penis size appears smaller but I think that is due to weaker erection
- there is still pain in penis when touched

Is the penis fully healed at this point or is the above part of the healing process?
I assume weak erection is better than nothing but what can be done to return to normal erection?

I realize you did not operate and can't examine but Please let me know your thoughts.

Answer
Ray:

Most likely the penis is mostly healed but may not be completely healed from such an injury.  I would wait another 3 months before looking at treatments to improve the erections.  Waiting 24 hours after the injury may also have helped diminish your current erections. The fact that there is still pain strongly suggests there may still be some healing to do.  Talk to your urologist about options to consider at this point.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD