Urology/swalloed vein in penis

Dear Sir,
I am a 28 year, male.
for past almost 8 - 10 years, i observed that there is swelling in a vein in my penis just below the penis head. It does not create any problem, thaty i didnot wory about that much.
But for last few years i observed that sometimes there is something hard at the same place. May be some sort of gland clotting (ganth in hindi). It specially occurs at the morning time, when i wake up & go for the very first urination. I can feel its presence by pressing with a finger. its movable. During day, I hardly feel the presence of that hard clotting.
What it may be ? Do i need to wory ? plz suggest some medicine to apply over the place ?

Obviously it's impossible to be sure about what is going on without a direct examination.  Your problem sounds like a simple vein in the penis.  If it developed a clot or thrombus, then it might appear as you describe, but this would tend to be infrequent and not repetitive the way you've described.  There is also a condition called Mondor's disease which is somewhat similar.  You may want to check with your physician to be sure.  Most of these problems are considered minor.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute