Urology/Testicular Pain

I am asking you this question because it has been bothering me. I am 21 years old, I am overweight. I am not sexually active ( I am a virgin ) but I do masturbate. I have been having this problem for the past few months to a year. I've gone to get a psychical and the doctor said there was nothing wrong.

Hopefully you can answer my question. After urination, my testis' get really heavy and they are super tender to touch,and is very painful at times. I can feel the tightness in my lower Abdomen and it's very uncomfortable. It's not everytime I pee, just only certain times. I've noticed it happens a lot after I hold my urination for awhile. Also I think I feel a lump but when I went to my DR and got a physical he didn't feel anything. It makes me very nervous and I want to get some answers.

Any advice or information you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

There is no obvious or logical answer to why the testicles should feel heavy or tender after voiding.  The two systems of voiding and reproduction are totally separate except for their connection to the penis.  I suggest you consult a local urologist for a more definitive evaluation.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute