Urology/tingling sensantion

Question
helo dr,

my name is james, 32yo, currently lives in malaysia. my condition right now sometimes i have a tingling sensation, mild discomfort which is happen everyday for around 4 weeks now, sometimes it happens on my left tip penis head, sometimes on the right side. sometimes it feels hurt inside the meatus.

i already took the urine test, and the result is all negative.

i seek a dermatologist, and he said that everything looks normal, and he gave me anti-yeast cream and then he also give me antiviral for herpes but nothing changed, i still have tingling sensation.  is it some kind of uti/sti? or is there any other kind disease like prostate infection?

last time i did intercourse 2 months ago, and i used condom and i didn't have any blowjob from my partner.

thank you

Answer
James:

Given the negative cultures, a UTI or STD is unlikely.  It can be very difficult to treat a sensation with no positive findings.  One possible cause is a neuropathy or nerve issue.  Consider a consulation with a neurologist.  Sometimes an underlying problem like diabetes that affects the nerves can be the underlying issue.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD