Urology/after turbt

Question
I am 28. never smoked. Last month a tumour was found in my bladder. I had it removed 5 days ago. Waiting for results. I'm petrified.

Since the operation, I have the sensation that tiny amounts of urine is trickling into my urethra and sitting there. I then get a very sharp pain on the underside of my penis if I sit in a certain position (as if the pressure of sitting is 'pushing' that urine out but is unable too) or if I lift my penis. Getting the slightest hint of an erection also gives extreme pain.
What could this be? Will it get better?

Also, I had a very weak stream before surgery. It is now even weaker. I'm assuming that they would have had a good look at my prostate during my cystoscopy and surgery, and nobody's mentioned anything about my prostate to me, so it is likely something else causing it?

Answer
Mike:

Most tumors of the bladder are superficial and are not considered very dangerous. We don't know yet what type of tumor you had.  Most of the time, a regimen of surveillance cystoscopies are needed to identify any recurrences early.  

I can't explain the urination problems assuming the cystoscopy was otherwise normal.  A trial of an alpha blocker type medication such as tamsulosin might be reasonable. Please ask your urologist these questions when you see him next.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD