Urology/Weight loss and sexual problems

Question
I am using following medicines for Blood pressure, Diabetis and  cholesterol: Atenolol 50 mg, telmisartan 40mg(one tablet daily), Onglyza,Metformin 500mg(one tablet daily),Atorvastatin  10 mg(one tablet on  alternative days). My weight was 76 kgs until some years ago, now it has come down to 61 Kgs. Also, I do not feel any pleasure during ejaculation and for the past some months the volume of semen is also very less. I do not want to lose weight to such a low level.  I stopped using Atorvastatin for two months and found some improvement in my sexual functions but as my LDL level rose to  more than 100, the treating  doctor advised me to restart using atorvastatin and to discontinue using Onglyza and instead use one tablet of Actos(pioglitazone)daily.Please let me know which medicine causes my drastic weight loss and sexual problems and discontinuing Atorvastatin will cause problems for me?

Answer
Govindan:

I cannot address your weight loss issue as that is out of my field.  With blood pressure and diabetes issues, it is very likely that you would have some erection trouble.  Once your weight and other issues are settled, it will be easier to deal with the ED.  You can discuss possible side effects with your other physicians as they will need to decide which ones can be adjusted for you.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD