Urology/Weird pain

I have a somewhat weird question maybe. 4 days ago (thursday last week) I was masturbating. I did it in a very usual manner, nothing rough, weird etc. Anyway, half way trough I get this pain on the right side of the penis, like a dull ache. I finish up but since then the dull ache have been there.

It's not a great pain, it even comes and goes a bit. A couple of times it has moeved to the tip of my penis, and even the left side of the penis. Sometimes a dull ache, sometimes more of a stinging sensation.

I know for a fact that it can't be a STD since I have not been unfaithful to my wife and she is 7 months pergnant so she hasn't either. Regular painkillers hasn't worked.

Id don't need to pee more but it stings a bit more after urinating. No other symptoms or discharge from the penis, I feel fine. What the heck could this be? Prostatitis was a suggestion I find on the internet. I live in Sweden and here u can't just book a appointment with a urologist, you have to see a regular doctor first, who will test me for STD, even though I know it can't be so I won't get to se a urologist in a months time, at least.

Could the masturbation cause some sort of inflammtion perhaps?

Masturbation does not cause inflammation.  The most likely cause of your problem is prostatitis.  There is no reason the diagnosis can't be made by a good regular physician.  Meanwhile, try sitting in a hot tub twice a day, avoid caffeine and hot spicy foods.  

QUESTION: Ok, thanks! I have had this before, it seems to come randomly, sometimes staying for up to a month. First time I got Doxycycline which didn't help, but it faded away gradually. I was advised to use Cipro by a doctor friend so I guess that could help.

On another appointment (because of anal fissures) at my doctor my prostate was checked with nothing unusal, it was fine. Why does only feel in my penis then, if the prostate seems to be fine?  I'm 33 years old btw.

The prostate may not actually be fine even if an examination by a non-urology specialist thought it was "OK".  (I know it was not a urologist since he was doing the examination for an anal fissure.)  Penile pain without any direct problem evident in the penis is often due to prostatitis regardless of how the prostate "feels".

Cipro is sometimes useful as an antibiotic, but it is usually used by itself without other treatments like the hot sitz baths and caffeine avoidance.  It is also not usually taken long enough.  Typically, a course of antibiotics for prostatitis requires 6 weeks minimum of therapy.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute