Urology/Discharge in urine

Question
QUESTION: Sir,

My name is Pawan. I am a 22 year old male. 2 months ago i had white discharge in urine thrice(every alternate day) with slight itching sensation along my urinary tract. But that disappeared after 1 week and I became normal. And again after 50-55 days, that is day before yesterday I had a white discharge in urine and again the itching sensation started. I never had sex with anyone. What could be my problem? I think its prostate fluid that's coming out at the end of urination.

Regards
Pawan

ANSWER: Pawan:

It's not possible to determine the nature of the discharge from the limited information available.  An STD is unlikely and prostatic secretions are one possibility, especially if this occurred right after a hard bowel movement.  To be sure, have your local physician check it out for you.

QUESTION: Sir,

Thank you very much for your response for my previous question. I visited doctor with my problem as I have stated in my previous question. The doctor asked me to visit him on Sunday evening with my complete urine examination report. My report says that I have 2-3/hpf leucocytes, 1-2/hpf epithelial cells and no rbcs... Is that normal? Does that mean that I have an infection? And thank you very much in advance for your response to questions.

Regards
Pawan

ANSWER: Pawan:

2-3 leukocytes does not necessarily mean an infection.  Epithelial cells come from contact with the skin.  Let's see what your physician says.

QUESTION: Sir,
  Thanks for ur timely replies and help for previous questions. The doctor didn't perform any further tests(performed only microscopic examination and complete urine analysis) and told that the whiteness at the end of urine is due to precipitated salts. He told to drink more water. My itchiness and burning sensation has disappeared 7 days ago and i felt normal. But today again I got white fluid at the end of urine. I am afraid whether I have consulted an inexperienced doctor coz we stay in a remote area in India. I am little afraid about this. Even though my microscopic examination has shown 2-3/hpf leucocytes, 1-2/hpf epithelial cells and no RBCs, i got white fluid today. But no symptoms like inflammation/itching/back pain are seen. According to you what could be the cause for this? My parents say that I don't have any issue with health and I am unnecessarily worrying. I am eagerly awaiting your response for this. And I would like to thank you again for your valuable reply.

Answer
Pawan:

I don't buy the "precipitated salts" theory and suspect you either had a mild infection or prostatic secretions. I am unable to determine the exact nature since the U/A did not demonstrate anything specific that would be diagnostic.  If you are concerned, you may need to consult a urology specialist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD