Urology/excessive urination some nights, not others

Question
Pleased to meet you, Doctor Leslie!

I'm a white male, 80+ years old, in good health except for atrial fib. Some nights I urinate 5-6 times, other nights, just one time.
The "busy" night is followed by a "quiet" night, and the next night is "busy" again, etc.

Is there anything I can do about this? I emphasize the randomness of these bathroom trips, because a diagnosis that I have, say, an enlarged prostate, can't hold up. With an enlarged prostate, I would have a "busy" night every, or most nights. I use Proscar.

I am not a physician, so what I opine is, to me, common sense, not fact.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks.

Chris

Answer
Chris:

I suspect you have a prostate issue combined with a urinary volume issue.  You should talk to a local urologist to sort this out for you so you can get some rest.

For now, try to get your feet up after dinner and limit the amount of fluid you drink after finishing the dinnertime meal.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD