You are here:

Urology/Glans Color chang


glans from different angles
glans from different a  
Dear Doctor,

I'm 23, and I'm little concerned with my condition. I don't want to panic and go immediately to doctor, so before that I'd like to consult with you.
2-3 years ago, I've spoted small color change at the top of my Glans.
It doesn't hurt, itch or swell . I have never used drugs, alcohol or smoke. I've never had sex. Never had any venereal disease (twice checked).
I'm sending  you the picture. I hope you can help me.

Thank You!


We do not comment on skin lesions of the genitalia.  It is not possible to give reliable advice from only a picture of questionable quality without a full history and direct examination.  You can check with your family physician, local urologist or consult dermatology as they are the experts on all skin problems.

However, in general, relatively minor color changes in the glans are not usually of any significant clinical consequence.  But that's not absolutely certain until it's been checked by a physician.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.