Urology/Loss of Sensation in Penis

Question
Hello, thank you first of all for answering my previous questions, and I will talk to my dr asap. However, recently I've been experiencing a decreased sensation in the penis glans. Is this reversible? Last time I remember having a good sensation in the head of penis was on Dec.9th. because I remember getting a great pleasure from my partner, and after that I started to get low sensation. I've also been experiencing high level of stress, and anxiety accompanied with a frequent anxiety attacks. I've also been experiencing cold penis head. I have not masturbated in a few days, and I'm very concerned that this is permanent and I will not have a good sexual experience ever again considering I'm very young at this point, age 20. I would just like to know if this can be fixed, or will it come back if I abstinent from all sexual activities? Thank you very much for advising me!

Answer
Justin:

Loss of sensation is a difficult topic as there is no specific remedy.  It's based on the cause.  If it's due to prostatitis or other prostate issues, it may be reversible.  It can also be due to a variety of other problems such as diabetes which affects nerves as well as a back problem.  When nerves are injured or damaged, they may or may not recover and it may take quite a while.

Talk to your physician about this problem so it can be addressed.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD