Urology/pain and burning sensation during urination

Question
Sir,
I am 71yrs old male.I am having the problem of pain and burning sensation during urination for the last18 months.I underwent Cystoscopy and TURP in August 2013 for the problem and nothing  abnormal could be found out.But the problem still persist.All my blood repors are normal especially the PSA values.My prostate at the time  ofCystoscopy was only 17cc.I am still on various medications but none of the is giving me a relef.The urologist told that it is AcuteProstatis the  suitable medication can be found out only by trial and error.I request  you give your valuable advice for relief

Answer
Sivadasan:

Your urologist may be right.  There is a condition called post-prostatectomy prostatitis where there is persistent inflammation of the residual tissue after surgery.  Pyridium is one medication that sometimes helps with the burning, also elmiron and Prelief.  Each work in a different way.  All should be tried to see if any might help.  Good luck.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD