Urology/Penis - Burning during urination

Question
Dear Sir,

Here is my story...
- was performing stretching exercises on my penis
- what resulted is that now when I urinate there is a burning sensation near the tip, and continuing about halfway down
- I have been dealing with this "pain" for more than 6 months
- I have been tested for STIs/STDs; however, nothing was discovered
- I have had cystoscopy; however, nothing was discovered
- I was prescribed antibiotics (e.g. tetracycline); however, no change
- I have tried a heat / cold press while using ibuprofen; however, no change

I am at my wits end! Perhaps, your expertise could guide me to a possible solution?

Thank you kindly, and happy holidays!

Dave

Answer
Dave:

Most likely you have damaged the nerves in the penis from the stretching.  Many people forget that even if stretching might give them some extra length in the penis, the nerves don't stretch and can get injured.  Antibiotics have failed and since all of the other tests are negative for infection or evidence of a direct injury, there is essentially no treatment except time since the nerves will take their own time to heal and they may never return to normal.  Try some vitamin B-6 which may help a little.

See if prelief (available OTC in most drugstores) or pyridium (presciption needed) can help.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD