Urology/constant problem

Question
I had laser surgery on prostate to shrink it over 5 years ago. After the surgery I started getting a burning issue every time I had to go urinate. I went back to the doctor, and he said that somehow some infected scar tissue was not removed. He went in and removed the scar tissue. Still the burning issue continued. To this date I average about 2 UTI's a month. The doctor has no idea why, and I still have the issue of going about 15 times a day regardless of the drugs he gave. Tried battery implant, and Botox with no success. What might it be?

Answer
Paul:

I can honest say that it is very odd to have a significantly overactive bladder not responding to drugs, botox or interstim.  I have not seen such a case and would suggest that you consult a urology specialist in complicated bladder problems, possibly at a university or other tertiary center.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD