Urology/peyronie

Question
http://www.peyroniesassociation.org/what-is-peyronies/do-i-have-peyronies/

If you read the bottom of this link, it tells us that not all cases of curvature are due to peyronies. Why do you deny this?

It says uneven chambers can cause bending. You've been telling me all along and misleading me that there is no such thing as normal curvature. Clearly there is. Congenital curvature is not a disease. Its just a label. The human body is not completely symmetrical. If there is even a small asymmetry, does that mean the person has a disease according to you?

Answer
Jim:

I'm not going to argue semantics with you on this forum.  There clearly are other causes of curvature besides peyronie's such as chordee, trauma, hypospadius and more.  However, the issue here is the definition of normal.  The normal penis has no significant curvature.  If there is a persistent or bothersome curvature, then it's not normal.  This may or may not require treatment, but it can't be called normal.

Some small degree of slight tilting due to a minor level of asymmetry may be called "normal" by some and "abnormal" by others.  While the body is not symmetrical, you would expect the nose to be in the center of face and if it's not most would call that "abnormal" to some degree, wouldn't they?

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD