You are here:

Urology/rash on penis



Hello, for about 4 days i have some type of rash on my penis/top and foreskin in the left side and ne in the right side, it doesn't itch, it doesn't hurt and it has a darkened red colour, it isn't swollen and it looks silky ... I also found out that this rash is also on the foreskin in the same direction the rash is on the penis. I never had sexual intercourse and I've always been predisposed to acne on face and sometimes on scalp and back. What could it be and how can it be treated? Sorry if my english isn't good enough. Thank YOU


Sorry, but we don't make diagnoses on this forum, especially not on skin lesions in the genitalia.  Not only is that very difficult, but it is not allowed as that would be practicing medicine on the site.  You'll need to check with your local phyisician.  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.