Urology/small bruise penis.

Question
I had sex with my girlfriend the other day it was unprotected (she's on birth control) and also has no std history. and a day after i noticed a small purpleish colored bruise.  i haven't had any pain involved and the morning after the sex i woke up with morning erection.  

what can cause a bruise on the penis. is it serious?

Also would you know if you had a penile fracture? I also had a small little bruise after sex 2 weeks earlier that healed. what could cause a reccurance of a bruise.  

i recently went to the doc to have a check up before the bruise and everything was fine.

Answer
Val:

There is a long list of what can cause a bruise including blunt trauma, coagulation problem, infection, contusion, etc.

You would certainly know if you had a penile fracture.  There would be immediate loss of erection with severe pain, swelling and bruising of the penis.  It isn't something you would likely ignore.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD