QUESTION: sir my age is 24 years old.
and i am having a problem is of excess urination. i drink water only during lunch and dinner time. and i go for urination for 4 to 5 time in an hour sometimes.

ANSWER: Mussawer:

The issue usually is either too much fluid intake which causes an increase in urine production, overflow problems where the bladder is not emptying or an overactive bladder which is the most likely.  These can be treated, usually with medication, if confirmed by your physician.  For now, try to eliminate known irritants to the bladder such as caffeine.

QUESTION: i have an overactive bladder truly. please prescribe me any foods and drinks to be avoided by me. and medicine to cure me. i have been peen tablets urixin and tamsolin by doctors prescription and no improvement is coming in bladder.

Tamsulosin is a medication that can make it easier for the bladder to empty and may help some people with overactive bladder issues.

Urixin is not a medication.  It is a blend of various herbal products purported to help "prostate health" and is not likely to help overactive bladder problems.

Typical overactive bladder medications include ditropan, detrol, vesicare, enablex, myrbetriq, sanctura, gelnique and similar medications none of which you have tried yet.  These meds can cause harm if you do not actually have an overactive bladder so check with your physician first.  Also, avoid any caffeine for now as this usually makes overactive bladder problems worse.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute