Urology/vibration in groin or penis area

Question
I have been having these sensations in my groin or penis area that feel like an annoying cell phone vibrating in my pocket.  I have read about others having this but not clear as to what it is or what to do about it, or if it will go away on it's own. As others have indicated, it is not painful but very annoying.  I am 46 y/o male who is not in the best shape but active with snow skiing and other outdoor sports.  I have a desk job that requires about 70% of the time in a chair.  This sensation has started as intermittent but is now constant.  It makes it very difficult to focus at work and sleep at night.  Can you please let me know how to get rid of this.

Answer
Tom:

First, a diagnosis is needed.  Since we're dealing with a pure sensation, it's most likely to be a neuropathy or nerve issue.  You may want to consult a general surgeon or urologist to make sure the anatomy is normal, but you may also need a neurologist who is an expert in nerve problems.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD