Urology/blood clot in urine

Question
Hello,I am writting you in behalf of my wife.
She is 27 years old.About 3 months ago she took a megadsosis of vitamin C powder (about 5 grams)and couple of hours after that she  had a sudden pain in the back and abdominal area,she barely could move,we went to the hospital and there they performed blood tests and she needed also morphine because of the very,very big pain(according to her,bigger than when she gave birth).They said the white cells were normal,only C-reactive protein was about 20 if I am not wrong.They suspected either kidney stones  or UTI(despite the fact that she did not had any pain during urination).They also analysed the urine and they found some bacteria and some blood(microscopical).She was given some medicines,and we went home,everything was fine up until couple of days ago.She noticed some blood spots in urine,dark colour.When she touched one,she noticed that is blood clot.Lets say 3-4 mm diameter.No pain during urinating.She saw that 2 times,in one day,afterwards nothing.But anyways we got very worried and went to the GP,and she was sent to do an ultrasound for both kidneys and bladder(which we will do it on Thursday).
When we came back from GP,she had to pee and she asked me to have a look afterwards.I saw something like a  white mucus with like a line brownish.I touched it with a tissue paper,was not blood(I mean,maybe it was ,but it did not became red).
Of course I am not expected a diagnosis via email,but I would appreciate if you could give us your opinion.Many thanks in advance and best wishes from The Netherlands!

Answer
Razvan:

She certainly had a urine infection and may have had a stone.  The ultrasound is a start, but may not give a full explanation.  We will often do a non-contrast CT to get a more detailed look at the kidneys for a possible stone.  I can't make much out the white mucus or the blood clot as these details are non-diagnostic of anything.

If the pain/bleeding continues, she should consult a urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD