Urology/Blood in semen

About two years ago there was blood in my semen, I went gp got lots of test done. Std etc.. All came back negitive, my prostate levels phm was high .. I went and got a lot of test done.. All were ok ... Since then my lower back sore right side all the time , my testicles I struggle going urine very slow then it's like I want to go and can't . I find it hard to get erection also I ejaculate very quickly it also hurts me wen I do . I've constant pain in my hips top of legs .. I seen a specialist and he put me on a antibiotic for 6 months reckoned I had Bactria in my prostate.. Nothing has got better it's seems to of gotten worst I've lost weight my legs are going skinny.. My love life has been destroyed by this .. I'm lost and confused .. Doctor told me not to worry I'm too young for prostate cancer .im 35 yrs old and I'm going back to doctor to get a further investigation done .. As I've looked it up on internet and all my symtoms mark all the boxes for it ... I would appreciate done advice and direction on what's best to do next ... Regards Chris

Blood in the semen is usually considered harmless.  Your other symptoms are most compatible with prostatitis which it appears you were given treatment for.  Poor erections and premature ejaculation may or may not be related to that but are treatable separately.  Poor urinary flow is potentially more significant and should be treated.

You should be seeing a urology specialist for these problems as they are more complex than is usually treated by a primary care physician.

Typical Treatments for Prostatitis Include:

Avoid caffeine which irritates the prostate and bladder.
Hot sitz baths.  Sitting in a very hot tub for 10 minutes really seems to reduce pelvic pain, inflammation and discomfort.  We recommend twice or even three times a day for severe cases or flare-ups, but at least once a day for most prostatitis patients.
Avoid hot spices which tend to irritate the prostate.
Avoid sitting on hard surface; use an inflatable donut to spread the pressure away from the prostate.
Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or naprosyn (Aleve) to help reduce discomfort and inflammation.
Antibiotics as prescribed by your physician.
Alpha blocker medications such as tamsulosin and alfuzosin will help relax muscle tension in the prostate.
Avoid high potassium foods that some people are sensitive to and which can be irritating.
Less alcohol and smoking.
Use quercetin which is a natural anti-inflammatory herbal supplement that has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the prostate.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute