Urology/dilema on recurring prostatitis

Question
Doctor, i have a dilema, once a year for the last several years i begin to get symtoms of urine leakage and dribble of flow, i see my urologist who feels my prostate and says i have a boggy prostate, i go on a month of levaquin and am good again for about 9 months then it all starts again.  Is it safe for me to be taking a month of antiobitics for this once a  year?  I just cant seem to shake it, i have a driving job and im 45.  Blood test psa is normal.   Thank you for your input

Answer
Marc:

Arguably, you may need to be on the antibiotic longer or on long term suppressiopn since the problem keeps returning.  You should also probably look at your seat since driving does increase irritation to the prostate.  A donut might be helpful.

It would obviously be better not to require an antibiotic rouitine, but you have little choice.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD