Urology/erection problem

Question
went to doctor he said it is performance anxiety and he advised me to use Viagra, i used Viagra but not work, the he referred me to urologist he checked my testosterone after blood test my testosterone level was normal. both doctors said i am medically fit so if i am normal and perfect that why i have erection problem why i can't maintain my erection?

Answer
Adnan:

Obviously I can't tell you why you have an ED problem from only the limited information presented.  The most common causes are extreme anxiety, prostate cancer, low testosterone, diabetes, high blood pressure and arteriosclerosis.  

One test to see if the underlying problem is anxiety related or physical is to do a Rigiscan or nocturnal penile tumescence monitoring test.  If this shows good nocturnal erections, then a psychological cause is suggested and usually Viagra works quite well for this.  

You may not have used the viagra correctly (on an empty stomach) or perhaps you didn't take the higher recommended dose of 100 mg.  Viagra often takes 4-5 tries before it kicks in so you may have given up too soon. See what your urologist recommends or get a second opinion.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD