Urology/Foreskin restoration

Question
I decided to look into foreskin restoration, and from what I can gather, surgical restoration is definitely possible, but seems costly and painful.

There are a slew of other methods (tugging, weights, etc.) that I came across, but I have no idea if any of it is safe or if any of it even works. The websites make a lot of dubious claims, so I wanted to ask an expert for advice. Which of these devices actually work and which are safe? Is foreskin restoration really possible without surgery or is it all just smoke and mirrors?

Answer
Ashley:

You are correct that restoration of the foreskin is difficult, costly, not covered by insurance, and may not be totally successful in fixing whatever problem, real or imagined, is being addressed by the restoration.

None of the devices suggested for restoration are effective or safe.  Placing weights, springs and other devices to lengthen the penis or penile skin can do so without the potential risk of damage to the delicate nerves and blood vessels to the penis so there is a real risk of damage to the erection process and/or sensation.  Sorry.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD