Urology/Noise when urinating.

I am a man of 33 years old. It has always bothered me the amount of noise that other men make when they urinate. It sounds like the urine come out of their penis with a lot of strenght. I do not make much noise, it is as if my urine come out of my body very weakly: is my condition normal? If so, then why is it different to all other men?
Thank you.

I have no information on the actual strength or weakness of your urinary stream.  If it's always been like this, then it's probably normal.  If it was previously stronger, then there is the chance of a stricture or some other problem causing weakness.  A urologist can measure the strength of the stream with a flowmeter and determine painlessly if your stream is normal or not.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute