Urology/Noise when urinating.

Question
I am a man of 33 years old. It has always bothered me the amount of noise that other men make when they urinate. It sounds like the urine come out of their penis with a lot of strenght. I do not make much noise, it is as if my urine come out of my body very weakly: is my condition normal? If so, then why is it different to all other men?
Thank you.

Answer
Leonardo:

I have no information on the actual strength or weakness of your urinary stream.  If it's always been like this, then it's probably normal.  If it was previously stronger, then there is the chance of a stricture or some other problem causing weakness.  A urologist can measure the strength of the stream with a flowmeter and determine painlessly if your stream is normal or not.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD