Urology/post peyronies surgery

Question
I recently had surgery for Peyronie's (approx 2 and 1/2 weeks ago).  Basically, when erect, my penis had an upward, mid-shaft, bend of 85-90 degrees.  My question concerns what seems to be the inability of blood to flow into the Corpas Cavernous when my penis is in the process of becoming erect. It seems that the blood is blocked near the base of the penis, and then "backing up" around the entire area including around the scrotum.  The area becomes engorged and is somewhat painful, to say the least. I realize that insults, like the surgery, to the penis can take a while to heal and recover from, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned at this time.  

I have another follow-up appointment with my Doctor in about a month, and it's very difficult to get any response over the phone, so I would very much appreciate your answering this question: Is it normal (define normal) for the penis to not become erect during the healing process?  Actually, the Corpas Cavernous should not even be effected, except for swelling issues, unless damaged while moving the nerve bundle out of the way or other process during the surgery.  I can't imagine why my penis would be effected bilaterally, that would be quite a coincidence, would't it?  My penis is still somewhat swollen at times, but I wouldn't think enough to restrict blood flow to both Cor Cavs at the same time.  Any thoughts?  PLEASE?

Answer
Mark:

I can't comment on the "normal" issue since you didn't specify the exact type of peyronie's surgery.  I suspect that it would be unusual for things to work well at this point.  It may take months for this to completely heal. The corpus cavernosum is obviously affected by any surgery for peyronie's since the problem in peyronie's is fibrosis of the wall of the corpus.  The interior of the corpus is like a sponge so there should not be any blockage to flow.  Just leave it alone and see what your urologist says.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD