Urology/Testicular Vesicle

Hi, so I was at the doctor just getting my routine physical when the doctor (when I had my pants down) comments on my testicles and says I have a testicular vesicle. She asked me if it was diagnosed and then I said no yet afterwards she didn't tell me what that was. Is it just enlarged tubing or does it have any adverse health effects? Frankly I just want to know what this means.

I am not sure what your physician was referring to as I can't identify a "testicular vesicle".  It could be a cyst or a varicocele.  Since it bothers you, contact her office and find out exactly what the correct term was and then get back to us.  You can also try to look it up on the Internet; just be sure to use a reliable source like WebMD.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute