Urology/Testosterone and Penis size?

Hello. I have been drinking pomegranate juice about 2,5dl a day 'cause its good for the prostate and for other things aswell. I recently found out that drinking pomegranate juice can boost your testosterone levels aswell. Here is a link for the news article: - "Testosterone levels increased between 16 per cent and 30 per cent among the subjects" in two weeks.

So my question is: Can this little boost to testosterone shrink penis size in anyway? I have read somewhere that if you're taking steroids they might shut down your own testosterone production. Can this happen with this kind of natural supplement?

Thank you!

You are confusing a number of facts to get a wrong conclusion.

The study was of limited numbers, combined men and women and was for a limited time. It is interesting, but hardly conclusive.

There is no evidence that an increase in natural production of testosterone will decrease penis size nor would we expect it to.

You are correct that taking steroids can lower testosterone production.  That does not apply here.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute