Urology/undescended testicle

Question
R/sir ,
      My son is having only one testicle in the left side . Right side it is absent . By ultrasound they can't find anything . His age is 7 days . Sir is there any complication for that .I hope your replay as earliest .
         Thanking you ,
         LIJO

Answer
Lijo:

An undescended testicle is potentially serious as it has a higher rate of possible testicular cancer compared to normal.  A CT scan might be reasonable if ultrasound doesn't find it.  If not, a laparoscopy can be done when he is a little older to see if there is an abdominal testicle or not.  You may want to consult a pediatric urologist since they are the true experts.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD