Urology/Absence of morning erections

Hi there!
I am 24 years old and work out and am generally healthy. For the past month or so I've noticed that I've stopped having morning erections. Also lately I've been feeling a bit lifeless and am too preoccupied with thoughts of work and related stress. I do get erections when stimulated but even these dont last as long or as good as they used to.
I am wondering what to do and how to go about it? This is really adding to all the already piled up mess around me. Please help.

The lack of morning erections alone is not a concern, but your description of stress and anxiety are probably the cause of your problems.  I suggest you talk with your regular physician who may recommend a mental health counselor or health professional to help you deal with the problem.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute