Urology/Bent Penis and Numbness

At least six months ago, my penis became sore on the underside and topside of the penis right below the glans and stayed that way for a few weeks.  I thought I may have injured it while having sex but do not remember any pain or "popping" sound. I had a wet dream, and the semen on my stomach was reddish, like it contained blood. I saw a urologist, but he said not to worry about it, that it would heal.  My penis is now bent straight upward about an inch above the glans, and I have lost most of the sensitivity around this area where it has always been the most sensitive, and I got the most pleasure.  My penis does not seem to get as hard as before, and it seems to be bigger closer to my body, then smaller as it goes out.  Flaccid it is normal.  I am 55 and before this happened, my erect penis was very straight and very hard and around 8" in length.  Now it is smaller and not nearly as hard.  Should I go back to another urologist?  Do you think this can be treatable?  I have always enjoyed sex and was very responsive and quick to get an erection, but now it seems to take forever, and I rarely ejaculate anymore.  I never had this problem until this happened.  Please help.

If your original urologist didn't help, then obviously another opinion would be reasonable.  Treatment of sensation problems is very problematic, but most likely the erections can be improved.  The source and nature of your problem are unclear from the available information.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute