Hi, You are the only doctor I found available on this site.  On August 30, 2013, I had a colonoscopy. On the report, the MD stated that he had to lay me on my back to do the procedure due to a tortuous colon.  Soon after the procedure I developed an itch on my buttocks. I went to a local urgent care md and he said it was a jock itch fungus. He prescribed a fungus cream. Later I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed another fungus cream. I have been using clotrimasol 1% mixed with a corticosteroid. I have been using this cream for months until the present. Now I have a hole of some kind that feels the size of a dime. The fungus cleared up on the right side of my buttocks, but broke out on the left side and formed the sore. Can you suggest a remedy? How long am I supposed to use this cream? Thank you for any help you can give.  Stephen

Sorry, but this is a little out of my area.  You should probably check with dermatology as they are the experts on skin lesion.  As far as how long to use the cream, you should probably check with the physician who prescribed it originally.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute