Urology/penile curvature

Question
hello DR LESLIE,
my name is David,I am 42 years old. I have a penile curvature of about 20 to 25 degrees,even though this curve is not congenital,my urologist could not detect by physical examination any scarring or plaques,and confirmed that there is no peyronies,despite the 20 to 25 detrees curve,so I need to ask:

1) can The 25 degree curvature interfere in any way in sexual intercourse? And is this degree of curvature considered mild?

2) what treatment do u recommend for this curve? And can this degree of curvature cause by any means a discomfort for me or other partners?

3) can a chronic use of cialis reverse this degree of curvature? And can this curve affect the quality of my erections in terms of rigidity and elasticity?

4) given the fact that my curve is not congenital,in your medical opinion what could be the cause for my curvature?

Thank u DR LESLIE,

Answer
david:

A 25 degree curvature may interfere with intercourse, but for most people it's a mild inconvenience only.

There is no recommended treatment for mild curvature that is not interfering with intercourse.  Only you can tell if it's causing any discomfort to you but it is unlikely to cause any such discomfort for you or any partners.

Chronic use of cialis is not likely to reverse the curvature.  The curvature by itself is not likely to otherwise affect the erection.

It is not possible to determine the cause of your curvature, but I suspect it's peyronie's even if no plaque can be identified.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD