I had a ultrasound test done and no scarring or plaques were found yet I can still feel hard bits in. the guy doing the test sed see theres bloodflow then I asked about the smooth muscle being alright and he sed yes, I have been examined by two proffessors that say there is no tissue scarring can this be detected on examination? why does it look scarred and feel dead to me? would a ultrasound pick up tissue that has died due to lack of oxygen? my professor kevin wiley rekons its a venous leak and it can be fixed mr nim christhoper in Harley street London is doing the operation. can a venous leak make ur penis feel dead with no sensation and cause soft numb erections, I responded well to caverjet but my penis was still numb my professor also said there wouldn't be tissue scarring because u got a erection with caverjet and the blood wouldn't have gone in if the tissue was scarred, nothing happened until I masturbated wot does that mean I was watching porn normally it gets erect straight away, I fear I have totally destroyed my penis and am thinking of taking my own life

Tissue scarring needs to be relatively dense and thick for it to be picked up by ultrasound.  Function or activity level cannot be measured by ultrasound.

We don't recommend venous leak surgery anymore due to the high recurrence rate except in very select circumstances where a specific problem at a unique location can be found.

If the injections work, then scarring must be relatively minimal and the vascular and smooth muscle tissues are responding at least to some degree.  

Venous leak would normally not cause numbness or any change in sensation as it would only affect erection rigidity.

If you are thinking of taking your own life, you should obviously reconsider as we still have many treatments available to help.  I suggest you talk to your regular physician about this.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute