what other traatments are available that can help with the sensation and getting my penis back to normal? what could be causing the lack of sensation? and lack of orgasm? I have read the venous leak can be 80 percent successful and have read it has improved erections completely in 13 out of 20 patients. can a venous leak change the appearance of the flaccid penis because mine is shriveled up with loose skin that appears dead could this be down to the venous leak? I am really confused because I have been examined my 2 proffessors and had a scan that showed no scarring but the tissue is clearly scarred and the plaques im feeling must be dense? i am getting morning erections sometimes but there about one fith the normal size and numb still i never feel like having sex i am so scarred by this i cannot live like this much longer, is there any new treatments or drugs that are going to be available soon that could repair damage to penile tissues and nerves

I don't know where you are getting your information, but my textbooks indicate that venous leak surgery has only limited, short term benefit in maybe 30-50% which rarely lasts 2 years so it is no longer done very much.  Lack of sensation is a nerve issue and there is virtually nothing we know of that can restore sensation to damaged nerves faster.

I am not aware of any new drugs or treatments that will help your situation.  Sorry.  Please check with your local physicians for any additional help.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute