Urology/Several questions

Question
Good afternoon,
My girlfriend and I had sex about 5 weeks ago and I wouldn't like her father to know about it(we're both 17). So' I was wondering, if an extreme situation would happen and he would force her to go to a gyn and get checked for a broken hymen, would she be able to lie about the reason her hymen broke by saying that she does karate(actually does) and often uses insertable tampons?
I read somewhere that doctors can tell if you're sexually active by looking for sperm in the vaginal fluid but it's been quite some time since we last had sex and it will be 6 months before we try again due to a few setbacks so would he be able to detect any sperm at all(even after 5 weeks)?
Also, I know that gyneacologists have a code of ethics and are responsible not to tell anyone if the patient decides so, but would he(the medic) be able to rephrase by telling her father that her hymen is not intact without implying the loss of virginity? And also, is this an universal approach for privacy protection because I live in Romania and I'm not sure?

Answer
Steven:

This is an issue of medical ethics and since it involves primarily your girlfriend and discussions about her hymen, the question should be directed to a GYN physician.

Some of the issues are legal and will depend where you are.  Even if legally a minor, an issue concerning privacy issues would still apply morally and no physician is likely to violate a patient's confidentiality without her consent.  However, given such a consent, the physician is probably not going to lie about the circumstances or the likelihood of options.

As far as detecting sperm, after 5 weeks this would be almost impossible.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD