Urology/Uncomfortable feelings

Question
dear sir,
Hope you are fine. Writing to you again for some discomforts.

I didnt have fever or chills but was diagnosed with an UTI which was not found by urine culture but by a test may be a urine analysis. In the report Pus cells were detected the value was 25 (reference value 0-5). i was treated with ciprofloxacin for 5 days B.i.d . the burning and discomfort was disappeared but recently a weak stream of urine has become a chronic issue.

I dont often ejaculate these days, have to sit for almost 8 hours in chair wearing tight pants. i gained some weight so pants became tighter . I didnt ejaculated for 7-8 days and Yesterday after urination i found thick discharge may be prostatic fluid coming out. Before that i returned home sitting in a local transport with lot of bumping and i was feeling the pressure of my belt in my abdomen, it was so intense.

All i want to ask your suggestions about my current issue, what should i do? is it bacterial prostatitis you are suspecting? advices?

With best regards and sincerely yours,
Kamran.

Answer
Kamran:

Prostatitis is the most likely problem at this point.  5 days of cipro is insufficient for prostatitis. If this is confirmed, longer term treatment will be needed.  You should contact your local physician.

See other suggestions below:

Typical Treatments for Prostatitis Include:
Avoid caffeine which irritates the prostate and bladder.
Hot sitz baths.  Sitting in a very hot tub for 10 minutes really seems to reduce pelvic pain, inflammation and discomfort.  We recommend twice or even three times a day for severe cases or flare-ups, but at least once a day for most prostatitis patients.
Avoid hot spices which tend to irritate the prostate.
Avoid sitting on hard surface; use an inflatable donut to spread the pressure away from the prostate.
Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or naprosyn (Aleve) to help reduce discomfort and inflammation.
Antibiotics as prescribed by your physician.
Alpha blocker medications such as tamsulosin and alfuzosin will help relax muscle tension in the prostate.
Avoid high potassium foods that some people are sensitive to and which can be irritating.
Less alcohol and smoking.
Use quercetin which is a natural anti-inflammatory herbal supplement that has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the prostate.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD