You are here:

Urology/Discomforts in my ball


Dear sir,
I am 46/single/living in Ethiopia.
There is very small hair like solid in my left ball for long time, i can feel it in my finger toughing the wall skin.....but this days i feel discomfort though not serious one. Can this cause other problems and how can it be dissolved or broken down. It is stronger to break it by hand.
Kind Regards,


Obviously it is impossible to make a reliable diagnosis from only your brief description.  Since you live in Ethiopia, you may have been exposed to various parasites that can affect the genitourinary system.  I can only suggest you consult a local physician to get a reliable diagnosis.  From that, appropriate treatment can be started.  Meanwhile, don't try to break or remove it yourself and you may cause additional problems.  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.