sorry to bother you again, as I said before in my other questions i hit my crotch mainly  on hard surface several months ago. after i still have been getting hard erections/had sex several times  

A month after hitting it however, I got what two urologists told me was superficial vein thrombosis. I asked them if this could have happened because of hitting it and they both said no and that it was unlikely because it happened a month after. They also said that the superficial vein has no effect on erections.

I'm just wondering, could superficial vein thrombosis lead to a venous leak ? They both didn't seem too concerned with the vein and told me to take baby aspirin.

I'm a little surprised at your persistence about the venous leak issue.  Since there is no specific treatment, diagnosing it becomes little more than an academic exercise.

But since you asked, superficial venous thrombosis has nothing to do with venous leak which happens at the level of the corpora.  Use of aspirin to minimize further thrombosis is reasonable as thrombosis of the superficial dorsal vein has no known clinical consequences and does not cause venous leak.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute