Urology/Erections

Question
Dr.

Ok Thanks. In your opinion how big of an injury to a flaccid penis could create a venous leak or damage. Like i said, several months back i hit it on the tank of a motorbike going from very slow 5mph to abrupt stop. it hurt for 20 min and was mainly right above the penis, there was no bruising or swelling and I was able to obtain a full erection within the following hour. A couple weeks after I had sex with no problems and have had sex since then many times but i lost the erection a couple times out of many encounters. I tend to be anxious and paranoid.  I've also have been able to get hard erections without any physical touching.  Never have had a problem with masturbation. I asked another urologist, and he told me about performance anxiety. He also said it would take a major injury to create any dysfunction. Thanks again.

Answer
Ron:

There is no way to quantify the amount of damage necessary, but your urologist was correct in that it would likely take a very significant injury.  The only significant point is whether or not there is a problem.  And what is this thing about venous leak?  The only critical issue is whether or not things are working.  There is no specific therapy for venous leak, so why does it matter?  Losing an erection occasionally is fairly conclusive proof that you DON'T have venous leak.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD