You are here:

Urology/Penile damage and anorgasmia


Hello doctor,i am in a need of help since this problem started affecting my whole life

I am 24year old circumcised male
7 months ago i was using penile pump for means of increasing girth of penis somewhat..I used it before that and never had problems...
this time i combined it with some manual exercises and (although i am not sure when) during period of 2 weeks my glans penis started showing a dark patch on left side... Since my sensation was always lesser after circumcision,i never payed much attention to direct feeling but i was always having normal orgasms and ejaculation..During next few weeks after as soon as i get close to orgasm there is different feeling of build up,and when ejaculation occurs there is no pleasurable orgasmic feeling in glans penis..just after-hypersensitivity..

i got scared so i started connecting that problem with dark patch,continued sexual activity added vitamin e and so forth...

over time i noticed i can orgasm(altho differently ,when i ejaculate in my fiancee or manually, but i cant do it with pulling it out and my own hand)basically if i interrupt any second its gone..sensitivity to oral sex and sex in general got reduced to almost none...only sensitive part was around meatus of glans..which was red and shiny...

i went to check other things..and was diagnosed with secondary ejaculate became lower and lower volume..

i decided on my own to try testosteron and things started to improve...however i had 1 more pumping session and was much more gentle than before..but this made things even worse..i noticed dark purple patch that is visible under skin on left side now...i noticed slight barrier around whole glans ,like a keratinized layer,and cracks on glans texture....i virtually have no feeling in my glans..on some parts i can feel cold or warm feeling but no ''sexual''sensation...I have no problems with erection whatsoever except that my glans doesnt always get 100% rigid...

my question is : could this be nerve damage?and if it is can it be cured by time? i saw Doctor Goldsteins post about it, that it needs time but did i spend too much time (7 months ) by not abstaining from sex and living the organ alone? can the damage be reversed even now if i discontinue stress on the organ?

I feel my life is ruined and i am wanting to see if there is any hope for me left..



The first thing you have to do is stop trying things on your own; that's how you got in this position.  For you, the pumping is only going to cause damage so you should avoid it.  You could have some nerve damage and I suspect there are psychological issues as well.  It's impossible to predict when or how much function and sensation may return.  I strongly suggest you consult with a local urologist for a careful examination and review of possible treatment options at this point.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.