Urology/testical lump.

A Few weeks ago i had a ultrasound on my testicles my doctor said it was just a epididymal cyst but the lump i was concerned about is not on the epididymis its attached to the testicle dose a epididymal cyst have to be on the epididymis? am just thinking if they found a cyst what i did not find and presumed thats the lump i found.

thank you

Yes, an epididymal cyst needs to be on the epididymis, but it can sometimes appear to come from the testicle or it could some other type of cyst or lump.  Check with you local physician about the precise diagnosis or consider a second opinion from a urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute